1. Pillows: You can add pillows to your bed to give a little extra color, texture or just a little something special to the room. You can buy pillows or make pillow covers for ones you might already have that are a little outdated. Check out how to cover your pillows HERE!
|Deconstructed Rose Pillow - West Elm|
2. Throw Blanket: Again, this is a quick way to add color, texture and interest to the biggest feature in the room, your bed! Make it a warm snugly one for the winter and something light and airy for the summertime.
|Hand-Knitted Throw - West Elm|
4. DIY Artwork: Add an interesting graphic print, or even a great quilt to your wall to add interest behind your bed, and draw the eye to the focal part of the room. You can even buy pre-hung canvases and give them a little touch of "you" by painting them to match the decor. Make them solids, add a floral or graphic pattern & Viola! You have a whole new room.
5. A New Rug: Do you have hardwood floors in your bedroom? A new rug is a perfect way to change the whole room. Go with something dark, or bold to give the room a whole new flavor.
|Photo from Real Simple|
6. New Lamp Shades: Pick up a couple modern lamp shades and swap out the old ones for a bright new look. If the lamps are looking a little old, tape off all of the metallic elements & electrical elements and spray paint in thin even coats for a whole new look to the lamps.
7. Window Treatments: It's amazing what a few new drapes will do. Get some great voluminous sheers to make the room more romantic, or black-out roman blinds to make the room nice and dark at night. You can buy great sea grass blinds & cover them with a light neutral sheer to make the room cosy. You can even try drop cloths with a great border for something dense, but totally affordable! There are some great deals on window treatments, so check them out!
|Wood-Block Circles Window Panel - West Elm|
8. A New Headboard: Make your own! Here is a DIY tutorial on how to make one for about $100. It's easy, I promise, we made ours ourselves!
9. New Doorknobs & Drawer Pulls: Freshen up the look of your door, closet doors or even your dresser drawers with new doorknobs & drawer pulls. For a few dollars you can really spruce up the look, or even add some color.
|Stanly Home Designs - Meis Cabinet Pull|
I plan on sprucing up our bedroom soon & I'd LOVE to pull up the carpet, but all in good time!