Wednesday, November 10, 2010

More Inspiration - Grey & White

I am personally in LOVE with the color combo of grey and white right now.  It's not as harsh as black and white, and it can be very chic.  I think that this combination could work for just about any room in the house, but today I've looked at it for your living room/ den. 

This board is slightly more feminine, using furniture with thin legs & curvy forms, but I don't think that when put together with everything else that it would necessarily be a feminine room.  A chunky coffee table or end table could offset the delicate furniture very nicely.

I have also added a couple modern colors to the mix to make the room more "now" than just the classic grey and white.  I've added an eggplant purple and a yellow gold color to the mix.  Keep in mind that the addition of "yellow gold" does not prevent you from mixing in a few silver pieces, as evident in the chandelier shown on the board.


1. Sutton Sofette - West Elm  2. Hoopla Amber Table Lamp - Crate & Barrel  3. Henry Sofa - West Elm  4. Sylvia Pedestal Accent Table - Pottery Barn  5. Whirlwind Metal Wall Art - Bed Bath & Beyond  6. Kailyn 5Lite Chandelier Lamp - Target  7. Abby Mauve Decorative Pillow - Target  8. Home Textured Throw - Target


In this situation, I think that you would do best with a soft grey wall and a slightly off-white trim color combo.  You could add a wonderful eggplant chaise, or pair of footstools to throw in more color & accent with dark wood (even as dark as black) for the coffee table, television stand, etc.

I love this combo & would really love to use this in my house... if I just had an extra room....


No comments:

Post a Comment